To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

How much does it cost to establish water service?

If you are a property owner, $25.00.  Non property owners will also need to a pay a $75.00 deposit (for a total of $100.00).

After establishing service, how soon can I expect my water to be on?

We try to do same day service if possible, other wise it will be the next business day.

I did not recieve my monthly bill, how much do I owe?

We mail out our bills on the first of each month.  If you do not recieve your bill, you may call our office for the amount owed.

I want my service disconnected, when will I recieve my deposit refund?

Call or stop by our office to schedule you water service to be disconnected.  Once the water is disconnected, we will final bill the account, deduct any amounts owed from the deposit, and mail any refund due.  Refund checks are issued during the first week of each month.

Can I make a payment over the phone, or do you take debit/credit cards?

Yes.  You can make a payment by phone by calling 1-855-335-1835.  You may also use our online payment service.  We currently only take cash, check, or money order as payment at our office. 

How do sign up for automatic bank draft?

Stop by our office to sign our draft authorization form.  We only draft from checking accounts.  We will need a voided out check.  Drafts are subject to be deducted from your account anytime after the 15th of each month.  Typically, we do our draft payments the week of the 20th to the 25th.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

If you made your payment at the end of the month during our billing process, the payment may not have been reflected on the following bill.  If you mailed in your payment, it is possible it never arrived.  Confirm with your bank to see if your payment as cleared, if so, please call our office so we can research the issue.

Why is my water bill so high?

Your water bill is based on the water you use.  If you feel you are not using the amount of water you are being billed for, you may have a leak.  Check your meter to see if the leak detector is turning when you are not using any water.  Check your toliets and other fixtures for possible leaks.  Compare the meter reading on the bill with the current reading showing on your meter.  Feel free to call our office for assistance.

I had a leak, can you help me with my high water bill?

We have a leak adjustment policy in place to assist with high water bills.  Please refer to our policy and give us a call if we can assist you.

How often do you read water meters?

Meters are read each month prior to billing.

My water was shut off for nonpayment, how much will I need to pay to get it back on?

If you owe a previous balance on the 15th, your water is subject to be cut-off for nonpayment.  If this happens, you will need to pay your full balance plus a $35 reconnect fee to reinstate service.

How is your water treated, is it safe, and what chemicals do you use?

All of the District's water comes from a ground water supply.  The treatment plant is located in our main office at 560 NC Highway 55 East.  During the treatment process, our water passes through 2 aerators to help remove hydrogen sulfide from the water.  The water then is filtered to reduce levels of iron and manganese in the water.  During this step, a small amount of sodium permanganate is added to aid in the process.  The water then passes through softeners to remove the hardness (calcium and magnesium) in the water.  A small amount of zinc-orthophosphate is added to help with corrosion control.   Chlorine gas is used to disinfect the water.  The water is safe to drink.   We are proud the it meets or exceeds all federal and state standards. 

Why is my water discolored?

Sometimes, iron deposits from the inside walls of the water main break loose and can cause the water to have a yellow, red, or brown color to it.  This typically happens during hydrant testing or flushing.  Please call our office so we may flush your area.